Jeg har noget som skal rettes, nogen der kunne rette den for mig ?
Victor’s mom treats him very bad . She is treating him as if he was 3-4 years old even though he is 11, sometimes she also laughs him and call him names and letting him wear shorts, and shirts. His mother is telling him that he must wear it. Victor doesn’t like to go to school because the other students are laughing at him and his clothes.
2. I found a piece in the text that show when victor’s mom humiliated him on page 161. Line 20. “Do you know victor, you are a little bit strange in the head, and retarded, do you now that? You have the behavior of a little boy five years old” I find these passages because I think the mom humiliated him, and it’s humiliating to be told your acting like a five year old boy when he really is 11 years, and say he his retarded, it's mentally draining.
3. In the text we don’t know the name of victor’s mom, she has black, curly hair and a large bosom, she's around 30-35 years old, she is described as being selfish, egoistic and a very careless mother. She is a selfish woman who only cares about herself and never pays any attention to her own son’s life and interests. She never pays attention to him, and I think is it very important to give attention to child. I think Victor’s mother is mentally ill, the way she behaves with Victor at home. She slaps him very often in the story without any reason all even when it's not even Victors fault. Sometimes she makes fun him and his clothes by saying ‘’my little seeck, look at your short pants’’ which she thinks is funny, But it isn’t funny for Victor because he is not a 6 year old child anymore.
4. Victor is 11 year old; he is the only child. He is described as a very lonely, innocent and patient boy. He is very intelligent and loves to read books, psychology books. He spends most of his time at local library browsing for psychology books. One of his favourite books is Karl A. Menninger’s The Human Mind, full of case histories of people. Victor lives alone with his mother in a small apartment. His father is a wealthy businessman in France.
His father is French with some Polish roots. Victor has no interest in his father because he left his mother and got married to another woman. And now his mother wants Victor to look ‘’French’’ because of his father is french and his mother thinks of his father as being a very handsome man. Victor gets bullied because of his clothing at school; his new friend makes fun of his clothes. Victor hasn’t got any close friend or relative to share his problems with. He can’t even tell his mother about his problems because he knows that she wouldn't care. That’s what makes his life miserable. All what Victor needs in his life to feel complete, safe and happy is his mother’s love and attention. And that’s what his mother is missing in her life.
The relationship between Victor and his mother is the same as a relationship between two strangers. They do live in the same apartment and share a room together but they never pay attention to each other or do really listen to each other’s conversation.
Victor manages the anger that builds up inside him by simply putting it away or by screaming into a pillow.
6. Victor thinks he has got ‘’The Terrapin’’ as a present from his mother, but he gets upset when he later finds out that his mother has brought the terrapin for the dinner to impress her neighbour The Lorentzes. The Terrapin is important for him because they're alike. the turtle is inside a box and Victor is inside a small apartment and stuck with his mother who is mocking and taunting him, The Terrapin is his only friend. But Victors mom kill the terrapin, Victor can’t clear its death.
7. Mrs. Badzerkian is a friend of Victor’s mother, she had a small, straight mouth and a moustache on her upper lip, and that fascinated Victor, as he had never seen a woman before.
When the mother kills the turtle, Victor realizes that the mother will never do anything that will make him happy, and that kills him psychologically. because of the things kept inside in Victor, all the anger and frustration results in Victor killing his mother with the same knife she kill the turtle.
9. Themes in the text are; suppression, sadness, lack of love and hate