Engelsk

Claras Day

07. december 2006 af dahir12 (Slettet)
Clara's Day

Summary:
Clara Tilling is 15 years old and one day at school assembly she decides to take all of her clothes off. She goes past the headmistress lectern, where the head hesitates for a moment, and then begins to read out again. Her naked walk stops when she reach her own formroom where she puts a science overall at her naked body.
Afterward she talks with the head about the incident. The head decides to write a letter to Clara's parents.
After the episode Clara react like nothing ever had happened. But a few days later her parents receive the letter from Clara's school.
But the mother do not become angry or sad, she begins to laugh, and then describe Clara's youth. She explains, to her boyfriend Stan that Clara used to be a prude, and that she is modest. In the end of the story, when the mother and Stan is driving towards their work, sits Clara at the table, where she begins to cry.

I would like to take a look at atmosphere in this specific family. Clara's parents are divorced and she lives with her mother and this Stan. You could use many different words for the atmosphere, some of them would be Superficial and tense. The mother and Stan do not act like grown ups, or like normal parents would do, when their child strips in front of the entire school, they just make fun of her! And they do not even ask her if something is wrong.
And Stan is not a father figure for Clara, He walks around in the house all most naked, and he gets to close, you could say he does not respect her privacy.
The relationship between the mother and Clara is more like a friendship than a normal mother and daughter relationship. And the mothers way of learning Clara about sex is terrible, she just give Clara a magazine named: " Orgasm fact or fantasy?" and then Clara have to figure the whole thing about sex, on her own! She does not care about Clara's feelings, she just begins to laugh when she gets the letter from school, and after my opinion, is that not the reaction a normal mother should have. She cannot realise that Clara is not the same person as herself, she just think that Clara is mature enough to help her self, and that she does not need any help from her parents.
But in overall perspective you could say that she has chosen the wrong way of raising her.

Clara Tilling is fifteen and a half years old.
She is a teenager, who certainly has some problems, especially in her family life. In the story she walks around naked in front of the entire school, and that is not normal!
But I think she did like she did, to get some attention from her parents, to be more specific to get her mothers attention. She hoped that her mother would react otherwise than she did, but instead she laughed at her.
Her real parents are divorced, and that is another reason for her to be miserable. And her new father, Stan, takes away her mothers attention from her. She has a hard life, but in fact this story is like most teenagers life, you do not always have a first mortgage on! And it's not always easy to realise! But to get back to the story, I will take a look at the end of the story. I think it is understandable that Clara begins to cry, she expected her parents to be more considerate, but they just threat her like some quiz in the telly, and makes fun of her instead.

ps jeg vil gerne have oversættet og evt. rettet

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #1
13. januar 2010 af azwer (Slettet)

nice

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #2
30. november 2011 af USMCdk911 (Slettet)

Very nice

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #3
23. september 2013 af FieMikkelsen (Slettet)

Jeg ville sige: decides to take off all her clothes. :)

Skriv et svar til: Claras Day

Du skal være logget ind, for at skrive et svar til dette spørgsmål. Klik her for at logge ind.
Har du ikke en bruger på Studieportalen.dk? Klik her for at oprette en bruger.