Engelsk

Tema i "They can only hang you once" HASTER :)

10. juni 2018 af stin7901 (Slettet) - Niveau: A-niveau

Hej jeg er meget i tidsnød og skal til eksamen om meget kort tid, så er jeg så heldig at der er en der har læst teksten og forstået den og kan sige mig hvad temaet er, jeg har hurtigt skimtet teksten og arbejdsark til teksten, men jeg forstår stadig ikke handlingen og temaet, så ville være vildt fedt en en kunne hjælpe :) 

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #1
10. juni 2018 af WonderWoman

"Hammett's "Fly Paper" (1929) at first glance seems like an intricately plotted thriller, but not one connected with his theme of social organization breaking down. But further reflection convinces that it is. The "social organization" of the story is not a government somewhere, but rather the institution of marriage. The four suspects in the story go through every possible permutation of how the institution of marriage can be subverted. (Of course, they are just "romantic" couples, not legally married people in the tale, but the idea is the same.) Hammett shows his great plotting skills in this tale. Although some critics like to claim Hammett as a "literary" figure from a different tradition than most mystery writers, it is important to note that here, as elsewhere, Hammett gets his major effects through his plotting. It is the plot that conveys the ever growing complexity of the relationships among his principals, bizarre relationships that subvert all our notions of romantic bliss. Hammett's skill with plotting is in the tradition of popular fiction in general, and Golden Age mystery fiction in particular."

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #2
10. juni 2018 af WonderWoman

temaet er vel bare fiktion?

Skriv et svar til: Tema i "They can only hang you once" HASTER :)

Du skal være logget ind, for at skrive et svar til dette spørgsmål. Klik her for at logge ind.
Har du ikke en bruger på Studieportalen.dk? Klik her for at oprette en bruger.