Shirley Jackson - Charles
Penelope lively - Clara's day
A.S. Neill - summerhill
Morris - Lurie: Home is
My sons on death row
Daniel Ransom - Rendezvous
Tony Thompson - They're lethal, unfeeling..
Stephen king - the man who loved flowers
13. juni 2007 af Astridtm (Slettet)
Jeg tror nok jeg har noter til My sons on the death row og til Clara's day.. men ved bare ikke lige hvor jeg har dem liggende henne... jeg skal lige have overstået en historie årsprøve i morgen, og så skal jeg nok tjekke efter!
13. juni 2007 af lålåseje (Slettet)
14. juni 2007 af -laura- (Slettet)
- intelligent, - has a vivid imagination, -isn't being fresh at home--> that side only shows a few times (the father), - a liar --> he's playing games with his parents, - wants attention --> wants the parents to notice him.
- Made by Laurie, - troublemaker (hits the teacher, throws chalk)etc., -adjusts -> helps the teacher
relaxed about the situation -> doesn't pay attention.
- nosy, -worried about Laurie (Charles bad influence?), -very interested in Charles-> would like to know his mother.
Point of view and language:
the mother's point of view (an adults point of view), -short and easy sentences, -biuld up like a dialogue, -a lot of verbs and complicated words.
Backround and settings:
end of 50's, start of 60's (spank children in school), -could happen anywhere ->US, Europe, -the boy comes from a good middleclass family.
- evil children; he's evil in school -> hits the teacher-> evil is a prt of us all.
- attention; trying to get the parents' and teachers' attention.
- loneliness; he feels lonely in school-> has no friends.
- parents are naive-> always want to believe the best about their children -> don't consider it a second time.
- they are happy and satisfied because they don't want to face the truth
- children can be evil