Andre fag

What is this kind of game called?

30. december 2017 af hrmogensen (Slettet) - Niveau: Universitet/Videregående

Okay, so I am looking for a word for one specific game that I am designing myself. It's a classic ball-and-paddle game that is being played on a staircase with the assistance of diodes and sensors - so with no use of phones or any other similar tech.

Robinson: The Journey is a VR-game (Virtual Reality). Pokemon GO is an AR-game (Augmented Reality). Call of Duty is a video game. What is mine classified as when it's happening in the real world?

You control the paddle by moving yourself.

Svar #1
30. december 2017 af hrmogensen (Slettet)

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #2
30. december 2017 af Anders521

Looks interesting. What else can you tell us about your game?

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #3
30. december 2017 af alexandersvanholm

This reminds me of an old game I used to play many years ago. Inspired by MB? Interesting design.

So you move the paddle by moving yourself physically, and if the ball lands on the paddle, the paddle deflects the ball. Every time it deflects, the ball goes up and tries to destroy all the blocks on the top of the staircase. And your goal is to clear all the blocks without having the ball fall below the screen?

Svar #4

I think #3 pretty much explained the whole thing.

Do you guys have any idea of what this game could be classified as? A public interactive game?

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #5
30. december 2017 af Anders521

#4 I have no idea. But you would classify your game according to its accessibility, that is, your game is open to the public?  

Svar #6

Yes, it's open to the public. It's located outside of a public library. It's free.

Skriv et svar til: What is this kind of game called?

Du skal være logget ind, for at skrive et svar til dette spørgsmål. Klik her for at logge ind.
Har du ikke en bruger på Studieportalen.dk? Klik her for at oprette en bruger.