Engelsk

Grammatik - engelsk

12. april 2016 af Nercs (Slettet) - Niveau: C-niveau

Heey, er der en der lyst til, at kigge mit grammatik igennem i denne opgave?

1. At what time of day does the story occur? :  How do you know?The story takes place, at night, by the author saying” …where it was getting dark.” in line three we get to know.But it is noticeable to seize hold of the first part where Raymond Carver uses symbolism to emphasize that it goes from snow, which is symbolic for pureness, which later turns into dirty water. This is a sign for the readers to know that that couple’s relationship goes downhill.

2. Where is the baby’s picture?The baby’s picture lays on the bed.

3. Is the baby a boy or a girl?  :  How do you know?The baby is a boy, which you can tell, because they keep saying “him” in the short story.”

4. Are they hurting the baby? :  How do you know?I don’t think that they physically are hurting the baby, but maybe mentally. Mostly I think that their fights take influence on the baby.

5. What happens to the baby at the end of the story? :  Why do you think so?I think there is some more symbolism in this part of the text. They couple don’t really think about what is best for the baby, both parts just want to be right. The baby is in the centre of their fight. They imagine that the baby is decisive for their fights.

Paraphrasing Exercise: Retell the main events of the story in your own words.The titel “Popular Mechanics” refers to how people react, how selfish they become as soon as they relies that there opportunity to create a better life. The man is packing his things in a suitcase, while his wife(I assume) is telling him a various             times how happy she is. The also took the baby’s picture on the bed, which she refuses to give him back when he the asks. This is where the story take turn and the husband goes for the real baby. Both parts start to fight with the baby, literally. The man finally takes a big pull and the story ends saying. “In this manner, the issue was decided.” Raymond Carver implies that neither the wife or husband will own the baby because they are both bad parents. But he also gives the readers ability to incorporate their own ideas.

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #1
12. april 2016 af meitner

The story takes place, (intet komma) at night, by the author saying” …where it was getting dark.” in line three we get to know.But it is noticeable to seize hold of the first part where Raymond Carver uses symbolism to emphasize that it goes from snow, which is symbolic for pureness, which later turns into dirty water. This is a sign for the readers to know that that couple’s relationship goes downhill.

I don’t think that they physically are hurting the baby, but maybe mentally. Mostly I think that their fights take influence on the baby.

Har kun læst til spg. 4 – jeg når ikke mere i aften.

Svar #2
12. april 2016 af Nercs (Slettet)

Mange tak alligevel :)

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #3
13. april 2016 af meitner

I think there is some more symbolism in this part of the text. They couple don’t really think about what is best for the baby, both parts just want to be right. The baby is in the centre of their fight. They imagine that the baby is decisive for their fights.

The titel “Popular Mechanics” refers to how people react, how selfish they become as soon as they relies that there ____ opportunity to create a better life. The man is packing his things in a suitcase, while his wife(I assume) is telling him a various times how happy she is. The also took the baby’s picture on the bed, which she refuses to give him back when he the asks. This is where the story take turn and the husband goes for the real baby. Both parts start to fight with the baby, literally. The man finally takes a big pull and the story ends saying. “In this manner, the issue was decided.” Raymond Carver implies that neither the wife or husband will own the baby because they are both bad parents. But he also gives the readers ability to incorporate their own ideas.

Brugbart svar (0)

Svar #4
13. april 2016 af Stygotius

Nercs

Det er ikke meningen at andre skal sidde og bruge tid og arbejde på at fjerne alle dine fejl. Det har ikke noget med "hjælp" at gøre. Du kan få hjælp til det du er i tvivl om, men ikke få din opgave vasket ren.

Skriv et svar til: Grammatik - engelsk

Du skal være logget ind, for at skrive et svar til dette spørgsmål. Klik her for at logge ind.
Har du ikke en bruger på Studieportalen.dk? Klik her for at oprette en bruger.