Engelsk

Analyse af en sang

03. september 2014 af Cazador - Niveau: B-niveau

Hej SP.

Jeg har skulle lave en analyse af en sang, og har nu læst min analyse igennem så mange gange, og kan ikke finde flere fejl.

Er der en rar sjæl der kunne have lyst til at kigge på min opgave. Vores fokuspunkt i opgaven skulle være kongruens og subjekt-og verballed :-)

På forhånd tak! :)

Svar #1
03. september 2014 af Cazador

Analysis of ”The Long Way Around”

The person in the lyrics is talking about taking the long way around in life. It’s a woman who is speaking in the lyrics, because is says in the text: “My friends from high school, married to their high school boyfriends” so that indicates that she’s a female. She didn’t do the same as her friends, and got around and got married and started a family. She lived here and there like a gypsy, and ‘moved with the shakers’. At that point of her life she was on top of the world, but then it came crashing down, and now she’s getting back on the road, and by that she means life, but she’s still taking the long way around.

The lyrics are composed of 13 stanzas. Each stanza contains 2-4 lines, but it varies through out the lyrics. Several of the stanzas end every sentence with the same words, but in some of the stanzas she rhymes with words like down, now and somehow. Some of the stanzas are also used several places, but that’s because is a song, so that’s the chorus we see. The lyrics has a start, where we here about high school, then it’s about what she did after, and then it ends with an conclusion of her feelings of what she has experienced.

The language is pretty simple. It’s not formal in any way, because she uses words like whatever and the term ‘moved with shakers’. There aren’t any metaphors in these lyrics, but there are some epiphoras for example: “ I fought with a stranger and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I heard myself” and “but I could never follow, no I could never follow.” I don’t think it ads anything to the way we understand the lyrics, for me it’s just a repatriation that isn’t necessary.

The theme of the lyrics is growing up and how she has developed as a person since high school. Her meaning behind the lyrics is that we are different, and grow up in different ways, and at different points in our lives. There’s also a hint of a message about how we don’t have to do what everybody else is doing. In her situation everybody around her got married, and started a new life, but she wasn’t ready so she took some time to find herself.

I want to relate these lyrics to a poem called “First Day at School”, because that poem was about a kid’s first day at school, and this is about a teenager/adult ending school, but both poems are about growing up, because we all grow up through out our lives, and reach different milestones. The kid in the other poem was growing up and starting school, and the girl in these lyrics is also growing up but ending school. So there is and parallel connection, even though the age difference.

Brugbart svar (1)

Svar #2
03. september 2014 af Stygotius

The person in the lyrics is talking about taking the long way (a)round (in) life. It’s a woman (who is) speaking in the lyrics(,) because (is says in the text) it says: “My friends from high school, married to their high school boyfriends” so that indicates that she’s a female ( Why?? Why does this indicate that this character is a woman??) . She didn’t do the same as her friends, (and got around and got married and started) getting arried and starting  a family. She lived here and there like a gypsy, and ‘moved with the shakers’. At that point (of) in her life she was on top of the world, but then it came crashing down, and now she’s (getting) back on the road, and by that she means life????, but she’s still taking the long way (a)round life.

The lyrics are composed of 13 stanzas. Each stanza contains 2(-) to 4 lines, but (it varies) they vary (through out the lyrics). (S) In several of the stanzas (end) every sentence ends with the same words, but in some of (the) them stanzas she rhymes (with words like) down(,) with now and somehow. Some of the stanzas are (also) used (several places) many times, but that’s because it is a song(, so that’s the chorus we see) with a  chorus. The lyrics (has) have a start, where we (here) first hear about high school(,) and then (it’s) about what she did (after) later, and (then) it ends with an (conclusion) description of her feelings (of what she has experienced) and experiences.

The language is (pretty) quite (simple) uncomplicated. It’s not formal in any way(,) because she uses words like whatever and the term ‘moved with shakers’. There aren’t any metaphors in (these lyrics) this text, but there are some epiphoras for example: “ I fought with a stranger and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I heard myself” and “but I could never follow, no I could never follow.” I don’t think it adds anything to the way we understand the lyrics, for me it’s just an unnecessary (repatriation) repetition (that isn’t necessary).

The theme of the (lyrics) text is growing up and (how she has developed) developing as a person (since) after high school. (Her meaning behind the lyrics) What she is trying to say is that we are different, and grow up in different ways, and at different (points) moments in our lives. (There’s also a hint of a message about how) The author also suggests that we don’t have to do what everybody else (is doing) does. In her situation everybody around her (got) gets married, and starts(ed) a new life, but she (wasn’t) does not feel ready so she (took) spends some time (to) finding (herself) her true self.

I want to relate these lyrics to a poem called “First Day at School”(,) because that poem (was) is about a kid’s first day at school, and this is about a teenager/adult (ending)  leaving school(, but). However, both poems are about growing up, (because) and we all (or most of us) keep growing up (through out) throughout our lives, and we pass (reach) different milestones. The kid in the other poem was growing up and starting school(, and t)The girl in (these lyrics) this text is also growing up but (ending) leaving school. So there is a(nd) (parallel) connection(, even though) despite the age difference.

NB.  Intet komma foran en bisætning på engelsk

Skriv et svar til: Analyse af en sang

Du skal være logget ind, for at skrive et svar til dette spørgsmål. Klik her for at logge ind.
Har du ikke en bruger på Studieportalen.dk? Klik her for at oprette en bruger.