Engelsk - analyse af et digt
Jeg har fået et engelsk digt for til i morgen, og jeg er virkelig presset på tid.
Er der nogle af jer, der har arbejdet med teksten "Shiloh: A Reguiem (April, 1862)" ?
Jeg har nogle spørgsmål, som jeg skal have besvaret til i morgen, håber I kan hjælpe:
1. Why is the poem called "A Requiem?
2. What mood and tone does it convey?
3. What purpose is served by the "skimming swallows" that appear at the beginning and end of the poem?
4. What is the point of emphasizing that the fight took place around the church at Shiloh—“the church so lone, the log-built one”?
5. What does Melville mean when he says of the “dying foemen” who “mingled” on the field of Shiloh: “Fame or country least their care: / (What like a bullet can undeceive!)?” Were the soldiers who fought and died at Shiloh “deceived”? Do you think that they shared the poem’s view of their battle?